Workshops and Composites Centre
Want a career in construction? Practical experience is crucial for entry into industry careers. That’s why we have modern, well-stocked workshops.
We offer you hands-on experience using the best equipment and cutting-edge technology available. All of our workshops offer a safe, regularly-audited working environment.
We have Civil Aviation Authority-approved aeronautical training facilities at our Advanced Engineering Centre. These include:
- Two planes, one helicopter, simulation rigs and a wind tunnel
- Fully operational avionics lab and electrical lab
- Technical library
- Engine workshop
- Composite material workshop.
We have a state-of-the-art composites workshop. This is equipped with:
- Curing oven
- Resin infusion equipment
- Heat lamps and control
- Dedicated extraction system
- Deep freeze storage unit
- Dedicated resin mixing centre
- HEATCON Hot bonder for laminate repair.
Construction and wet trades
You will find a range of workshops with specialist equipment. These are for students practising:
- Painting and decorating
Facilities include replica construction sites, bathroom suites, boilers and wood machining tools.
We offer fully-equipped electrical workshops, including:
- Permanently stationed electrical stores
- Technician support
- Dedicated hands-on electrical fault finding and inspection practice facility
- Assessment rooms.
In addition, our Advanced Engineering Centre offers:
- A large engineering workshop
- Electronics equipment
- A hydraulic laboratory
- Pneumatics test equipment
- A CNC workshop and lathes
- Solid modelling equipment
- Computer-aided learning equipment.
We have top-of-the-range motor facilities. These include:
- Heavy and light vehicle workshop
- Forklift truck workshop
- Body repair and finishing workshops
- Electronic engine testing and diagnostic equipment
- Computer-aided simulation rigs.