About the course
This is a full time course. You will have the opportunity to learn about a practical career in floristry by planning and preparing your own arrangements and design work. You will provide your own flowers and foliage for the course, with guidance from the course tutor and tips on how to use materials economically. The Level 2 Certificate in Floristry will take place in the floristry workshop at South Bristol Skills Academy, with access to sundries and materials to enhance your creative work with flowers. This is a full time course aimed at 16 - 18 year old students. You will be required to attend College over 4 days each week.
You will need to have a willingness to learn an aptitude for course work.
- College attendance is 3 - 4 days per week for 36 weeks
- Grade D/ 3 GCSE English, maths and art
- Genuine interest to pursue a career in floristry
- Be prepared to purchase flowers and foliage
- Employability skills
- Work on an individual and team-work basis
- Attend all practical assessments and complete assignments to deadlines
You will also be required to attend GCSE in Maths or English if you have not achieved a Grade C or above in these subjects.