About the course
This course is intended for students wanting to continue their science education through applied learning and aim to progress to higher education. The qualification is equivalent in size to 3 A Levels and it has been designed as a full two year course, although it may be possible to gain a 90 Credit Diploma by studying just the first year. During the first year you will study the mandatory units that are common to the two different pathways that we offer and then in the second year you will study the more specialist units.
- Between the ages of 16-18 you do not need to pay tuition or exam fees for your course.
- If you are between the ages of 19 and 23 and have not achieved a full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification before, you will not need to pay tuition, exam or material fees using the Level 2 or 3 Entitlement.
- If you are aged 19 or over, studying a Level 3-6 and a Level 3 Entitlement does not apply, you will need to pay the full cost of the course. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the fees.
The following requirements are essential:
- 5 GCSE grade C's, including English Language at grade C/4, Maths at a minimum of grade D/3 or Level 2 FS Maths
- BTec Diploma at Merit
- Must have a grade C/4 in Science, C/4 in English lang and a C/4 in maths)
A learner on this programme would benefit from being able to demonstrate:
- Team working skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to conduct research
- Presentation skills
- Good personal organisation
- Good communication skills
You will be enrolled on the 90 Credit Diploma, which is a one year course. Upon successful completion of year one, you can progress onto the Extended Diploma in year two.