What will I do on this course?
Modules studied may include:
- Data processing and advanced documentation for business
- Research methods
- Administrative concepts
- The legal environment
- Organisations and the business environment
- Finance and accounting
- Marketing fundamentals
- Project management
- Multimedia business presentations
- Human resource management
- Communication theories and practice
- Management accounting
- Strategic and operational planning
Every undergraduate taught course has a detailed programme specification document describing the course aims, the course structure, the teaching and learning methods, the learning outcomes and the rules of assessment.
The programme specification represents the latest course structure and may be subject to change.
The modules shown for this course are those currently being studied by our students, or are proposed new modules. Please note that programme structures and individual modules are subject to amendment from time to time as part of the University’s curriculum enrichment programme and in line with changes in the University’s policies and requirements.
Who is it for?
To remain competitive, businesses need to exploit the benefits of new technologies and this can only be achieved through the employment of skilled managers and administrators who have a depth of knowledge as well as a strong understanding of business.
How to apply
Applications through UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/register
Clearing is open until 30th September
For further information contact the UCAS Student hotline: 0371 468 0468
How Is this course assessed?
Assessment by a variety of means:
- Group work
What could I do next?
Successful completion of this course will put you in an excellent position to find work as a manager anywhere within the public sector or commercial environment.
- Students also have the opportunity to complete the one-year top BA (Hons) Business or BSc (Hons) Public Services at the University of Plymouth or Somerset Col
- Students may also progress to the second or final year of other Honours Degrees at other Universities
- Those wishing to continue their professional development can also progress to a range of higher level accredited courses such as CMI Management Diploma Level 7 Marketing or CIPD
- Please note there is a deadline for progression applications and places may be subject to availability
Course fees per academic year:
Year 1: £6000
Year 2: £6000
You may be eligible for a student loan, Student Finance can be contacted on 0300 100 0607
Further information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
You will need an interview for this course