About the course
The aim of this qualification is to provide you with the knowledge, skills and 'ability to do' that which a typical Marketing Manager would need. Employers will be expecting those who complete the qualification to be able to demonstrate skills such as planning and balancing needs and interests of all stakeholders.
As a minimum, 2 A Levels are required, any general bachelors, masters degree or an equivalent such as:
- CIM Introductory Certificate (Level 2 or 3 versions will be accepted)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in marketing (equivalent to NQF Level 3)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 4 in any other subject (UK) (equivalent to NQF Level 4 and above)
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above)
- Commercial experience in business and/or marketing experience
- Business and/or marketing experience in a support role would be adventageous but is not essential
- Pass the CIM online test at Level 4
You will need to have a very good standard of spoken and written English. This should include the ability to write reports (guidance on the structure will be given), the correct use of punctuation and grammar and be able to spell words in common use and connected with the subject area.The ability to read and interpret text and take notes is essential. It is recommended that students with English as a second language hold the IELTS level 6.5 qualification.