What will I do on this course?
During the course you will:
- Develop skills in food preparation
- Learn a range of cooking methods
- Learn how to use scales and measuring equipment for recipes
- Follow Health & Safety regulations
- Develop customer service skills
- Learn organisational and time management skills
- Work in groups to produce food for customers
- Take an English and Maths Functional Skills qualification
- Complete a BTEC Workskills qualification
Who is it for?
This course is for 16-18 year olds wanting to find out more about working in a catering environment and is a good stepping stone to a Level 1 course.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply' button below
How Is this course assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways throughout the course and you will have a chance to complete projects, present your work and undertake lots of practical activities.
You will sit an exam for English and Maths Functional Skills and carry out a range of work based assignments leading to a BTEC Workskills qualification.
What could I do next?
Progression could be into suitable employment, an Apprenticeship or onto further courses of study at Level 1.