About the course
It teaches you the fundamentals of how to use 3Ds Max / Max Design software for: building / product modelling, 3D computer visualisation, game / film use, animation and rendering. Learning is through hands on use of 3Ds Max / Max Design, under the guidance of an Autodesk Approved Instructor. Some basic CAD experience is preferred, but not essential. This is a flexi course - you will be able to book 20 sessions with your dedicated tutor to use within 12 months of booking.
You will need an interview for this course. Interviews are held every Tuesday (term time only) at 4pm in the CAD room at College Green (Room 6W9). You don't need to book in advance, but allow at least 1 hour as the time required depends on the number of interviewees who arrive on the day.
- good understanding of English & maths
- the ability to use Windows based computers confidently
- knowledge of another 3D CAD program e.g. Inventor, Sketchup, etc.
- completed the AutoCAD 2DL3 course
- a suitable aptitude for 3D work based on previous experience
- are a capable user of AutoCAD