About the course
It teaches you the fundamentals of how to use Inventor, Autodesk's CAD/CAM/CAE modeller, for mechanical design, 3D digital prototypes, visualisation, simulation and documentation. Learning is through hands on use of Inventor, under the guidance of an Autodesk Approved Instructor. Some basic CAD experience is preferred, but not essential. This is a flexi course - you will be able to book 20 sessions with your dedicated tutor to use within 12 months of booking.
You will need an interview for this course. Interviews are held on Tuesdays at 4pm in the CAD room at College Green (Room 6W9). You don't need to book in advance, but allow at least 1 hour - the time required depends on the number of interviewees who arrive on the day.
- knowledge of another 3D CAD program e.g. Revit, Solidworks, etc.
- completed the AutoCAD 2DL3 course
- knowledge of product design / mechanical engineering processes and terminology
- a suitable aptitude for 3D product / engineering work based on previous experience
- are a capable user of AutoCAD
- a good understanding of English & maths
- the ability to use Windows based computers confidently