About the course
The Bench Joinery Apprenticeship is designed to develop the practical hand skills and technical knowledge required to work in the Construction industry. You will start with an introduction to carpentry through a wide range of activities and gain practical skills and knowledge of basic woodworking joints, maintenance and use of hand tools, preparation and use of portable power tools. Joiners are vital to the Construction industry, which is an important contributor to the economy.
This course will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to become a trained Bench Joiner. The duration of our Bench Joinery apprenticeship lasts for a minimum of two years.
Essential Requirements you must have:
- Range of qualifications which should include at least 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English Language and Maths
- To be employed or to have an offer of employment with an appropriate employer
- An initial assessment at level 1 or above
- Have a strong commitment to working with your employer and college assessor.
- A good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment
- An attendance record at college in excess of 90%
- To be able to take responsibility for your own development and behaviour