About the course
This course will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to become a trained Site Carpenter.
This one year apprenticeship links basic craft training and first line supervision giving the opportunity to progress to a supervisory role. There is an emphasis on maintaining quality standards and the overseeing of operations. You will develop your knowledge and skills further, including erecting complex structural components such as trussed rafter roofs and installing first and second fixings.
When undertaking an Advanced Apprenticeship, you will study a mixture of both work-based learning and training at college. You will earn a wage whilst learning a trade.
Essential Requirements you must have:
- Successfully completed your level 2 apprenticeship in Site Carpentry
- To be employed or to have an offer of employment with an appropriate employer
- Have a strong commitment to working with your employer and college assessor.
- A good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment
- An attendance record at college in excess of 90%
- To be able to take responsibility for your own development and behaviour