About the course
Our advanced apprenticeships give learners industry recognised qualifications and the practical skills they need to become successful employees in the trade. Throughout the four year apprenticeship, your trainee will develop job specific skills whilst working with you and also obtain training at the college. You will need to employ them and they must receive the national minimum wage of £3.50 per hour.
- give your business the edge over the competition
- provide industry-recognised qualifications
- develop employees' skills and addresses knowledge gaps in line with business requirements
- gain valuable exposure to new technology during their training, exposure which could be valuable to your business in the future
- identify areas for personal improvement which can help instigate positive organisational change
- are highly motivated people who are keen to learn, progress and get the most from their job
- have the right skills and knowledge for the job, enabling them to work efficiently, effectively and more productively
Apprenticeships are extremely popular with highly competent and committed young people leading to easier staff recruitment and retention. Introducing new talent to your business ensures a cost effective transfer of knowledge from experienced staff to young Apprentices
Prospective applicants should:
- Achieved 3 GCSEs grade C or above, including Maths and English
- Have a strong commitment to working with you and our college assessor.
- A good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment