About the course
Electricians are always in demand in today's construction industry. You can work in a wide variety of environments, from wiring houses to designing, testing and inspecting electrical installations in large industrial complexes. Electricians are well-respected and can expect to earn a decent wage, with good career prospects. Once you have completed your Advanced Apprenticeship you can register with the Joint Industrial Board (JIB), which will allow you to work on most construction sites.
When undertaking an Advanced Apprenticeship, you will study a mixture of both work-based learning and training at college. You will earn a wage whilst learning a trade.
This course will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to become a trained Electrician. The duration of our Electrical Installation apprenticeship lasts for a minimum of four years.
Essential Requirements you must have:
- 3 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including Maths and English Language.
- To be employed or to have an offer of employment with an appropriate employer
- Have a strong commitment to working with your employer and college assessor.
- A good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment
- An attendance record at college in excess of 90%
- To be able to take responsibility for your own development and behaviour