About the course
This qualification is a basic craft introduction to the Furniture Making industry. It gives you the opportunity to study both the knowledge and practical aspects of Furniture Making at Level 1 and it covers the basic aspects of cabinet making, wood machining and wood finishing.
This course runs parallel with the Carpentry and Joinery - Level 1 course. You will be studying on both courses as they are mandatory for your qualification.
Essential Requirements - you must have:
- an initial assessment at entry level 3 or above
- a good record of attendance and commitment at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a commitment to succeed and prepare effectively for employment
- GCSEs in maths and English at grade D or above
- An excellent record of attendance and commitment at school/college
- A strong commitment to adopt a 'work ready' approach, taking responsibility for your own development and behaviour