About the course
The Maintenance apprenticeship is designed to develop the practical hand skills and technical knowledge required to work in the Construction industry. Qualified Maintenance operatives are emerging as the one of the most sought after trades-persons as the course gives a good grounding in a variety of trades.
When undertaking an Apprenticeship, you will study a mixture of both work-based learning and training at college. You will earn a wage whilst learning a trade.
This course will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to become a trained Maintenance Operative. The duration of our Maintenance Operations apprenticeship lasts for a minimum of two years.
Essential Requirements - you must have:
- Range of qualifications which should include at least 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English Language and Maths
- To be employed or to have an offer of employment with an appropriate employer
- An initial assessment at level 1 or above
- Have a strong commitment to working with your employer and college assessor.
- A good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment
- An attendance record at college in excess of 90%
- To be able to take responsibility for your own development and behaviour