About the course
This course gives you a solid understanding of Creative Media practices, skills and techniques such as planning for film and moving image, recording visual and audio, editing and post-production, as well as using technical equipment. The course is designed mainly for school leavers who have experience of Media at GCSE level, as well as having a passion and desire to explore the diverse subject area that is covered by Creative Media Production.
This course is part of a wider study programme, which includes a tutorial and personal development element, work experience opportunities through outside set projects and design challenges, development of English and Maths Skills through embedded activities.
It is provisionally a 2 year programme that consists of the foundation diploma in year 1 and a top up to an extended diploma in year 2. Students have the option of undertaking just one year and leaving with a qualification that is the equivalent 2 1.5 A-levels.
- Between the ages of 16-18 you do not need to pay tuition or exam fees for your course.
- If you are between the ages of 19 and 23 and have not achieved a full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification before, you will not need to pay tuition, exam or material fees using the Level 2 or 3 Entitlement.
- If you are aged 19 or over, studying a Level 3-6 and a Level 3 Entitlement does not apply, you will need to pay the full cost of the course. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the fees.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above which must include English and/or Maths or equivalent (L2 Functional Skills) or NVQ 2 or Level 2 Diploma at Merit grade with ideally GCSE English and/or Maths at minimum Grade C or equivalent (L2 Functional Skills).
You must also have:
- A passion for Creative Media
- A desire to work with Digital Media Products
- A willingness to learn, experiment and develop your skills
- The motivation to work independently and in groups on practical projects.
You will be enrolled on the Foundation Diploma, which is a one year course. Upon successful completion of year one, you can progress onto the Extended Diploma in year two.