About the course
This Diploma is available as a 2 year part-time course starting in September 2016 or January 2017 or a 1 year full-time course starting in September 2016.
You need to provide evidence that you can achieve the required teaching practice, ie at least 100 hours in a suitable location for practice which will allow a trainee teacher to meet the required standards.
- You will need to identify a 'mentor' to assist you in your progress through the programme
- You need to be 19 years of age or over
- You need the aptitude and potential to study and achieve at Level 5
- You should be able to achieve Level 2 as a minimum in your English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- You need subject-specific qualifications/experience in the subject in which you are teaching
- For all employed or seeking employment with a teaching or training organisation you will be required to provide a current DBS check