About the course
Delivered by a specially selected teaching team in a new fully equipped state of the art building. The Engineering National Foundation Diploma L3 is designed to equip students with the basic skills to become an engineering technician. The course covers 7 units and a wide range of engineering disciplines. At the end of the first year students can progress to the extended diploma.
- Between the ages of 16-18 you do not need to pay tuition or exam fees for your course.
- If you are between the ages of 19 and 23 and have not achieved a full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification before, you will not need to pay tuition, exam or material fees using the Level 2 or 3 Entitlement.
- If you are aged 19 or over, studying a Level 3-6 and a Level 3 Entitlement does not apply, you will need to pay the full cost of the course. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the fees.
These entry requirements are the minimum required and strong mathematic ability is a must:
- You should possess 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above and must include maths, Science and English.
Mature students who may not have GCSEs or students who have gained technical qualifications such as those detailed below should contact the course tutor.
- BTEC Extended Certificate or Diploma L2 in Engineering
- City & Guilds 2850 Level 3
- Other similar or relevant qualifications
You will be enrolled on the Engineering National Foundation Diploma L3, which is a one year course. Upon successful completion of year one, you can progress onto the Extended Diploma in year two.