About the course
Practicing English conversational skills via the medium of cookery to support integration into society.
It can be difficult to ask for ingredients or follow instructions for recipes/equipment when English is not your first language. Shopping may be confusing.
Don’t know what to say? Don’t know who to ask?
You will practice:
- How to talk to different people with different languages
- The words and phrases you need to use to share your recipes of national dishes
- Talking about the benefits of foods and how to stay healthy.
- How to talk about health, illness and health services
- How to get help for you and your family
Low level skills in English, whose first language is not English and who can prove residency in the EU/UK.