What will I do on this course?
You will study a variety of topics, including the following:
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- The health and wellbeing of children
- Professional development
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
Who is it for?
If you are passionate about working with children, this course is for you. It will allow you to work unsupervised with children in a variety of childcare settings such as nurseries, children's centres and baby units. You could also progress to university, either in primary teacher training, paediatric nursing or social work. You will need to be:
- Able to work in childcare settings
How Is this course assessed?
You will be assessed in the following ways:
- Reflective journal
What could I do next?
The course provides qualified practitioner status and can be used to apply for a job in early years settings to work with children.
At the beginning of the course, you will be asked to pay for:
- Course books (approximately £25)
- Uniform and clothing (approximately £20)
You will need an interview for this course - please complete this form in advance and bring it to your interview