About the course
You will immerse yourself in a wide range of highly regarded travel and tourism related activities and study. It offers the opportunity to explore the hugely exciting variety of employment opportunities that this expanding service sector has to offer. In addition to work in the sector, progression to university study is also an option for those who successfully complete this course.
- Between the ages of 16-18 you do not need to pay tuition or exam fees for your course.
- If you are between the ages of 19 and 23 and have not achieved a full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification before, you will not need to pay tuition, exam or material fees using the Level 2 or 3 Entitlement.
- If you are aged 19 or over, studying a Level 3-6 and a Level 3 Entitlement does not apply, you will need to pay the full cost of the course. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the fees.
You will need:
- Five GCSEs at C or above including English and Maths
- A desire to learn all about the tourism industry
Good communication skills both verbal and written are desirable. Keyboard skills are also a benefit. If you are progressing from a level 2 Travel and Tourism course you will need to have achieved a merit grade overall and have an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
You will be enrolled on the 90 Credit Diploma, which is a one year course. Upon successful completion of year one, you can progress onto the Extended Diploma in year two.