"The most beautiful, interesting and distinguished city in England."
John Betjeman, former Poet Laureate
A diverse, multicultural city
Bristol is the perfect size, offering all the excitement of a big city packed into an area you can easily explore on foot or by bike. It is a beautiful, safe and lively city which stands out from the rest. And here’s why:
- In the top ten of cities to visit in the world (DK's Eye Witness)
- European City of the Year (2008)
- Eighth largest city in the UK
- Home to two world-class universities – Bristol University and University of the West of England
- Home to 100,000 students
- Great transport links with an international airport and two main train stations
Great location and people
- Just 90 minutes from London by train
- Only 30 minutes from the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath
- Easy to reach the beautiful English countryside and coastal areas
Bristol has its fair share of famous inhabitants from Isambard Kingdom Brunel to Aardman Animation's Wallace and Gromit. Musicians, artists and inventors have and continue to place Bristol on the map!