We understand that you need more than just qualifications to secure the job you want.
We work hard to help our students progress into employment, and have recently been awarded an Employability Chartermark by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership in recognition of this.
Our Careers & Destinations team have recently been re-accredited with the MATRIX standard which highlights excellence in delivery of Information, Advice & Guidance.
We identify the personal skills that employers are looking for so that we can help you develop these qualities during your studies.
We do this in a number of ways:
- As part of your study programme
- Through our online resources and support
- During your group tutorials
- Through our 'Passport' programme, which enables you to gather together a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates the skills and experience you've developed whilst studying with us
- Through our Careers Advice service, which can help you find and secure the right job for you
Our confidential and impartial Careers Advice service is designed to support careers, progression and employment skills. The service is free and available to all our students.
Our trained advisers possess a wealth of knowledge and can support you with everything from course choices and qualification routes, to CV writing, job searching and application and interview support. We have the tools and experience to help you move forward.
We offer one-to-one appointments at our centres, drop-in clinics and a range of specialist, themed events throughout the academic year.
To find out more, email us at email@example.com.
We’re committed to providing our adult students with quality, impartial careers and progression support.
Need help choosing local training courses or deciding on your change of career? Looking for assistance in your job search, or writing your CV or job application? Our trained advisers are here to help you.
We also work in conjunction with the National Careers Service and offer free face-to-face adult appointments with their advisers at some of our centres.
To find out more or make a booking with one of our advisers, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re ready to move to the next stage of your education and training, we can help you move forward.
Our advisers can help you choose a training route that will lead to your chosen career goal. We can talk you through different types of qualifications, such as A Levels, BTECs and Apprenticeships, whilst explaining how these fit into your overall career path. Whatever your goal we can help you plan the route.
- Not sure if College is the right choice for you? Come along to one of our open events and speak with our advisers about your course options in the College environment. We work closely with tutors to get you the information that counts.
- Worried about your exam results? Our GCSE advice sessions take place every summer on results day. Whatever your grades we can offer advice and guidance to get you onto a suitable course and headed for your ultimate career goal.
- Nervous about interviews? We can help put your mind at rest. With a wealth of employment skills, resources and experience, our advisers can give you top-notch interview and application support.
Contact us for careers and progression advice.
Thinking of taking a university course? Worried about recent changes to fees and funding? Looking for advice on the new UCAS tariff? Need support applying through UCAS?
We're here to help guide and support you through the whole process of researching and applying for your university education.
Our advisers have a wealth of resources and knowledge that can help you at any stage of your journey. We also work closely with local universities to make sure you always have the most up-to-date information, and we hold dedicated drop-in sessions and workshops related to UCAS applications.
We can also support you to make the most of your gap year, by providing information about a range of schemes and voluntary opportunities both nationally and globally.
Contact us to find out more.
Looking for a job? Need help with an application? Feeling nervous about interviews or assessments?
We’re here to support you with every stage of your job search. Using local labour market information, we can help you search for a suitable vacancy and then guide you through every step of the application and interview process.
We can help you access nationally created job profiles to better understand what certain roles entail, whilst also signposting you to specialist bodies for the most relevant information about specific sectors. Or if you’re interested in volunteering to boost your employability, we can help you find local and national voluntary positions.
Our specialist tools and resources, cover a range of topics:
- CV writing
- Creating cover letters
- Application skills
- Interview skills
- Career progression once you are in employment
Contact us to find out more.