Adults Financial Support

We can help you understand what financial support is available to help with your learning costs.

Advanced Learner Loans

If you're over 19 and on a level 3 or 4 course, you could qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan.

Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans here.

Free tuition on certain courses

Did you know that some adult learners are eligible for free tuition on certain courses (depending on their age, the level of their course, their previous qualifications or if they are in receipt of certain benefits)?

If you're aged 19 - 23 and do not currently hold a full Level 2 qualification or above, you may be eligible to learn for free when you enrol on your first full Level 2 or some Level 3 courses.

If you're aged 19 or over, and are unemployed and in receipt of one of the following benefits, you may be eligible for free tuition on many of our courses:

  • Jobseekers' Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance in the work-related activity group
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Universal Credits (Mandated & Non-Mandated)
  • Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
  • ESA (other than WRAG)

This also applies to:

  • Those working less than 16 hours a week and in receipt of a state benefit who earn less than 16 times the National Minimum Wage per week and who are taking a course to gain skills to enter employment
  • Unemployed dependents of those receiving Working Tax Credits

For more information, email call us on 0117 312 5000.

Learner Support Fund

The Learner Support Fund is available to help you with course related costs such as travel to and from College, fees, kits, uniform and trips. Some students may also get help with childcare costs through this scheme.

Funds are limited and we recommend students apply early (during the summer holiday). We cannot guarantee to help every student.

Collect a copy from reception - or download and print from here - then return your completed application and evidence to Reception. Forms can be returned by post to the address on the form but we encourage you to return the form by hand as we can check the form with you.