All About Jobs and Apprenticeships
This year’s virtual “All About Jobs & Apprenticeships” event, organised in partnership with Bristol City Council, the City of Bristol College, the DWP and Karin Smyth, MP for Bristol South, was held on Thursday 25 March 2021.
Three online sessions provided information about jobs and apprenticeships, plus career support and guidance during this difficult time. These events were designed for job seekers, those looking to progress in their career, and students about to finish school or college.
The afternoon’s three sessions focussed on Employment Support and Advice, Apprenticeships and Health & Social Care.
Session 1 – Getting a job
- What jobs are waiting to be filled right now
- Supporting you into employment.
- Help with your cv and interview practice
- How volunteering can help you to stand out from the crowd
- Training in advance or on the job
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Kickstart paid placements
- What employers look for when recruiting
Session 2 – Apprenticeships
Karin Smyth, MP for Bristol South, joined by an expert panel to discuss:
- how apprenticeships work
- how to apply
- what employers are looking for
- tips on how to stand out from the crowd
Construction sector experts discuss:
- opportunities coming up at the new Advanced Construction Skills Centre
- supporting and training for apprentices
Session 3 – Health and Social Care
- training opportunities in Bristol
- the range of jobs in the sector
- job roles explained by some of the largest employers in the city
- what employers look for in new recruits
- how to start your career in the sector
- advice from college tutors about course options
- current students share their experience of studying Health & Social Care
Resources and information
More ‘How To’ videos from Bristol South MP – Karin Smyth
Here are some of the organisations and resources that were mentioned during the sessions where you can get further information about jobs and apprenticeships.
Getting a job support
If you want to know who is recruiting now or need help and support to get a job, go to the Ways2Work website.
Young Careers and Pathways Team, Bristol City Council
If you have any questions or would like further support please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Kickstart visit the Kickstart Website
or email email@example.com
Civil Service Apprenticeships
National Careers Service
Support for people with learning difficulties
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 922 3330
Festival of Care
If you are interested in working in health and social care and would like to talk to people who work in the sector then register for the Festival of Care taking place online on Wednesday 31 March.
To find out more go to the Festival of Care website