Course overviewBusiness Studies Access to HE City of Bristol College
This Access to HE course is a one-year, full-time Level 3 course specifically designed to enable you to develop the knowledge and study skills to progress into Higher Education.
You may already have some qualifications at GCSE, NVQ, BTEC or A Level but not enough to get to university.
Who is this course for?
This course is for adults over 19 who want to enter Higher Education and already have GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 (C) or above.
What you'll learn
The Access course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to achieve your goals. You need to be very committed to study and focused on your career choice.
You will study two modules of Business Studies and either Psychology or Statistics.
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Cashflow Forecasting
- Introduction to Business Management
- Principles of Management: Work Force Planning
- Change Management
- Statistical Skills and Techniques
- Inferential Statistics
- Using Statistics to Plan an Investigation
- Using Statistics to Carry Out an Investigation
- Introduction to Psychology
- Psychological Perspectives and Behaviour
- Stress and Wellbeing
- Psychological Investigation
Course entry requirements
- Apply online via the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page
- You will be required to include a personal statement (approximately one side of A4), within the application form. Please prepare this in advance before starting the application process. You will need to include:
- Why you are applying for the course
- What you would like to study at university, and why
- Any experience you have in relation to the Access course, this may be educational, voluntary and/or work based
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Writing skills will be assessed prior to enrolment
- Knowledge of course required at university
- Strong desire to study
- Commitment to study full-time for a year
- Good organisation, motivation and enthusiasm
How is the course delivered and assessed?
- 14 taught hours per week in college spread over three to four days
- 20 self-study hours per week
- Support from a personal tutor and Study Skills are included in the course
Future career and study opportunities
This course is designed primarily for applicants wishing to pursue a degree in subjects such as Business Studies, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Communication Studies, Marketing and Event Management.
There are also a number of HND/Foundation Degrees in Business at City of Bristol College.
- It is essential that you know what you want to study at university or college
- Thoroughly research your intended university course and its entry requirements before you apply for an Access course
- We recommend you visit universities on their Open Days
- We have long-established links with universities
- We offer guaranteed consideration for a Foundation Degree at City of Bristol College
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationery.
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.
- Blended learning details for university-level courses
Fees and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|LBF1509B01-1||06/09/2021 - 06/07/2022||1 years||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||14.00||Enquire||Ashley Down Centre||Apply|