Course overviewBusiness Studies Access to HE City of Bristol College
The Access to HE course is a one-year, full-time, Level 3 course specifically designed to enable you to develop the knowledge and study skills to progress into Higher Education.
You may already have some qualifications at GCSE, NVQ, BTEC or A Level but not enough to get to university.
Who is it for?
This course is for adults over 19 who want to enter Higher Education and already have GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 (C) or above.
What you'll learn
Through studying a combination of Business, Psychology, Statistics and ICT, and Higher Maths, this Access course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to progress to a university-level course.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Strong desire to study
- Commitment to study full time for a year
- Knowledge of course required at university
- Good organisation, enthusiasm and motivation
How is the course delivered and assessed?
- 15 taught hours per week in college spread over three to four days
- 20 self-study hours per week
- Support from a personal tutor and Study Skills are included in the course
- 3 chosen modules to be discussed at interview
- Assignment based
Future career and study opportunities
A Foundation Degree in Business or Administration and Business Technology at City of Bristol College; BSc/BA degrees in Business related programmes such as Administration, Accounting, Business Studies, Communications, Economics or Marketing at many universities within the UK and overseas.
- We have long-established links with universities
- We offer guaranteed consideration for a Foundation Degree at City of Bristol College
- It is essential that you know what you want to study at university or college
- We recommend you visit universities on their Open Days
- Thoroughly research your intended university course and its entry requirements before you apply for an Access course
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationery.
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
To keep our students and staff safe, we’re reducing the number of people in our buildings at one time.
To achieve this, most of our courses will include sessions taught at the college supported by online learning to help you reach your full potential.
Find out more about how we’ve adapted due to COVID-19.
Fees and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|LBF1509B01-1||07/09/2020 - 07/07/2021||1 years||Enquire||14.00||Enquire||Ashley Down Centre||Enquire Apply|