Course overviewCatering and Hospitality Level 1 City of Bristol College
This one-year vocational course will introduce you to the catering and hospitality sector. It will help you develop skills to progress onto a subject-specific Level 1 course, a Level 2 course, an apprenticeship or employment.
You will complete a Level 1 BTEC Introductory Vocational Studies qualification and develop your employability skills.
You will also learn English and Maths at the right level for you.
Dates and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|LMF1493C01-1||06/09/2022 - 27/06/2023||1 years||Groups (mixed days)||9.50||09:15||SBSA and Construction Centre||Apply|
|LMF1493C02-1||02/11/2022 - 27/06/2023||1 years||Groups (mixed days)||10.30||09:15||SBSA and Construction Centre||Apply|
Who is this course for?
If you’re a school leaver and interested in catering and hospitality this course is an ideal stepping stone towards achieving your ambition.
What you'll learn
During this vocational course, you will:
- complete a series of catering and front of house assignments.
- learn how to organise yourself and develop a Personal Progression Plan.
- develop your employability skills.
- undertake volunteering or work experience.
How will I develop my English and Maths skills?
- If you already have a GCSE Grade 2 or 3 in English and Maths, or Level 1 Functional Skills, you’ll be supported to achieve a higher grade of 4 or above.
- If you’ve already achieved an entry-level Functional Skills qualification, you will progress to the next entry level or to Level 1 Functional Skills if you’ve already achieved Entry Level 3
- If you don’t have any English or Maths qualifications, you will be individually assessed and placed at the best level for you to succeed. You can also book into Study Plus if you need extra support.
Course entry requirements
Our entry requirements for Level 1 are:
- Two GCSEs Grade 2 (E) including Maths or English
- Entry 3 Maths and English Functional Skills
We can also consider successful completion of any Entry 3 or another Level 1 vocational qualification.
You will need to attend an informal interview. Please bring a recent school report and record of attendance.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
This is a one-year, full-time course. You will be expected to attend College for three or four days a week.
During this course, you will be assessed in a variety of different ways to give you the best opportunity to demonstrate your skills throughout the year.
Future career and study opportunities
You could progress onto a Level 2 course, an apprenticeship or employment.
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationery.
You will be required to purchase a kitchen and front of house uniform.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.