Course overviewCertificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) Online City of Bristol College
This course is delivered on a Tuesday evening.
On our online CELTA course, all input sessions are delivered online as well as all teaching practice sessions. The final qualification is identical to that awarded for the face-to-face course.
Why choose CELTA at City of Bristol College?
- The CELTA course qualifies for an Advanced Learner Loan
- Long-running, well-established & respected courses delivered either online or face to face
- Be part of our lively, multi-cultural college community with students from a variety of ESOL and EFL backgrounds
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable tutors who support you through every stage of the course
- Studying part-time will give you more time for background reading, lesson planning and assimilation of ideas
- You’ll have access to our Study Centres with a wide range of resources.
- Student discounts with your City of Bristol College student card
Dates and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|FTD0495A01-1||06/09/2022 - 31/01/2023||19 weeks||Tues||5.63||16:30||Offsite - Distance or e-learning||Apply|
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for those who wish to teach EFL or ESOL, but would find it difficult to attend regular classroom sessions.
We have consistently received positive feedback from our trainees. Here are some of their comments:
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the CELTA. I have never learnt so much in such a short space of time. The tutors are exceptional at what they do and supported us in our journey to becoming English language teachers. I have also made some great friends.
- It was a great experience that has provided a solid foundation for a future of teaching which feels exciting and promising.
- Very supportive tutors. Expectations were made clear. Tutors were helpful and encouraging.
- Very well-structured course. Realistic expectations from the outset.
What you'll learn
- Six hours of teaching practice, six hours of observations of experienced teachers
- Lesson planning
- Four written assignments
- Online course units and discussion forums
- ‘Classlive’ sessions (input lessons with tutors)
- Background reading
Course entry requirements
- A minimum of 2 A levels is desirable
- A degree is helpful but not essential
- Minimum age 20
- Overseas students must have IELTS 7.0 or equivalent (Common European Framework Reference – CEFR – C2 level)
You are required to attend an interview for this course. You will complete a pre-interview task and a further task during the interview where your language awareness, standard of written English, practical potential and interactive skills will be assessed.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
We will assess your performance holistically, based on the progress you make on the course. To receive the qualification, you need to complete the course and meet the assessment criteria for teaching practice and the four written assignments.
Future career and study opportunities
You could go on to teach English as a foreign language in the UK and abroad.
An Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course.
No additional costs beyond the course fee. Full amount to be paid before the start of the course.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.