Course overviewEducation and Training Level 5 City of Bristol College
This Diploma in Education and Training is available as a 2 year part-time course or a 1 year full-time course.
Who is this course for?
The Diploma is most appropriate for those in a full-time teacher/trainer role, it can however also meet the needs of a range of teachers and trainers.
- Individuals not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training who can meet the practice requirements
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification and who can meet the practice requirements
What you'll learn
Over the course you will study a variety of topics that will give you a good overview and understanding of the practical elements of teaching and learning, together with supporting theoretical knowledge. Professional Practice visits are an assessed part of the programme so you will be observed teaching regularly; this will be both by your tutor and your mentor.
There are four mandatory units
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (Level 5)
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (Level 4)
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training (Level 5)
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (Level 5)
- Plus a choice of optional units over the duration of the course
Course entry requirements
You need to provide evidence that you can achieve the required teaching practice, e.g at least 100 hours in a suitable location for practice which will allow a trainee teacher to meet the required standards.
- You will need to identify a ‘mentor’ to assist you in your progress through the programme
- You need to be 19 years of age or over
- You need the aptitude and potential to study and achieve at Level 5
- You should be able to achieve Level 2 as a minimum in your English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- You need subject-specific qualifications/experience in the subject in which you are teaching
- For all employed or seeking employment with a teaching or training organisation you will be required to provide a current DBS check
How is the course delivered and assessed?
To achieve the qualification learners must achieve a Pass grade on 4 mandatory units (75 credits) and a choice of optional units (45 credits) totaling 120 credits (a minimum of 61 credits must be at Level 5). Assessment is through regular assignment tasks throughout the course. You will be required to produce evidence of practical teaching and to link theory to the development of your practice. Final accreditation is subject to national moderation of work.
Future career and study opportunities
This Diploma qualification in the QCF is recognised as equivalent to the Certificate of Education qualifications in the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ). Learners who have achieved this qualification can progress to further studies in Education with Award Bodies such as Pearson or Universities.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.
Dates and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|FBF1593B01-1||15/09/2022 - 18/07/2023||1 years||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||15.00||Enquire||Ashley Down Centre||
This course costs £2900. Please contact us to discuss your payment options.
|FBE1568B01-1||09/01/2023 - 09/12/2024||2 years||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||6.50||18:00||Ashley Down Centre||
This course costs £1450. Please contact us to discuss your payment options.