Course overviewHealth and Social Care Management Degree, top-up City of Bristol College
This one-year, top-up course provides an insight into health and social care design, infrastructure, teams and delivery. It will also give you the means to interrogate theoretical models and develop practical leadership and management skills.
Institution name: BCBC
Institution code: B77
Course code: L600
Campus code: B
Short code: BA/HSC
Who is this course for?
Students with appropriate Level 5 qualifications such as a Foundation Degree or HND in a related subject will be able to join the top-up course.
To succeed on the BA (Hons) in Health and Social Care Management, top-up we believe students will have the following traits:
- A genuine interest in health and social care provisioning
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in other people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well organised and determined to succeed
What you'll learn
Level 6 modules include:
- Leadership in health and social care
- Coaching for performance
- Widening participation: identifying and working with community stakeholders
Course entry requirements
Students usually need one or more of the following:
- Level 5 qualifications such as a Foundation Degree or HND in a related subject
- 4 GCSEs required at grade 4 or above including Maths and English
You will need to be prepared for an interview.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course is delivered through a mixture of practical work, presentations, group work and coursework.
You will be assessed through:
- Coursework essay questions
- Reflective writing
- Coursework group reports
- Coursework case study problems
- Individual or group presentations
- Small-group assessed discussions
- In-class tests
- Dissertation (research project)
Future career and study opportunities
You will be well placed to apply for jobs in charitable organisations, the NHS and in the private health and social care sector.
If you wanted to progress your studies further you may be able to apply for a Master’s degree in health and social care policy and management, as well as in health and social care administration.
The programme offers a range of activities, visiting speakers and work-based learning activities. You will be informed of any associated costs payable by you, in advance to enable you to budget accordingly.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.
- Blended learning details for university-level courses
Fees and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|HBF1554B01-1||16/09/2021 - 23/06/2022||1 years||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||10.00||08:00||Ashley Down Centre||
This course costs £6000 per year. You can fund your studies with a Student Loan. Visit our Financial Support page to find out more.