Course overviewProfessional Digital Marketing – Applied Marketing Module City of Bristol College
In this 12-week module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer.
You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process.
This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
Who is this course for?
The CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at the aspiring professional marketer who wishes to gain knowledge and skills to succeed and progress within a career in marketing.
Some typical job titles may include:
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Officer
- Marketing Communications Executive
- Communications Specialist.
What you'll learn
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of examination. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: The Marketing Concept
- Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation (15%)
- Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts (15%)
Unit 2: Analysis and Insight
- Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing (15%)
- Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information (15%)
Unit 3: Marketing Mix
- Understand the application of the marketing mix within different marketing contexts (20%)
- Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals (20%)
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. However, you can flexibly study just one module at a time to achieve individual awards and build up to a qualification later. The three modules include:
- Applied Marketing
- Planning Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Techniques
For over 100 years, the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has supported, represented and developed marketers. As the world’s leading professional marketing body, the CIM has over 28,000 members worldwide, including more than 3,000 Chartered Marketers.
How it will benefit you
- Get a unique opportunity to blend practical skills and academic understanding
- Improve your global competitive advantage, increase your confidence and employability
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- Invaluable opportunity to network with other marketers
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world.
Course entry requirements
You will need one or more of the following:
- 2 A Levels or equivalent
- CIM Introductory Certificate
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification (Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a recognised university, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content professional practice (two years in a marketing operational role)
- Business experience in marketing or business
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- CIM diagnostic assessment.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course is delivered face-to-face in small groups of up to 20, comprising lectures, group activities and discussion. You will also be supported through an individual 121 tutorial.
Applied Marketing: Multiple-choice examination
Future career and study opportunities
CIM Studying Membership, for which the annual fee is £65.
You’ll need to book your assessments through CIM when studying. The total assessment fee for this module is £150.
Figures based on successful completion at first attempt. Additional fees will be required if resits are taken.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time.