Course overviewProfessional Digital Marketing – Planning Campaigns Module City of Bristol College
This 12-week module gives you the knowledge and skills to plan and implement successful campaigns that deliver real results for an organisation.
You will learn the campaign planning process including how to analyse an organisation’s current position.
You will also learn how to set campaign objectives, implement a campaign then measure and evaluate its success to aid continuous improvement in the fast-changing world of marketing.
Who is this course for?
The CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at the aspiring professional marketer who wishes to gain knowledge and skills to succeed and progress within a career in marketing.
Some typical job titles may include:
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Officer
- Marketing Communications Executive
- Communications Specialist.
What you'll learn
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Campaign Process
- Understand the process of planning a campaign (15%)
- Know how to undertake an internal and external situational analysis (15%)
Unit 2: Planning Campaigns in Action
- Know how to develop a successful campaign plan (30%)
- Understand how to implement a plan in practice (20%)
Unit 3: Campaign Success
- Understand the principles of monitoring a marketing campaign (10%)
- Know how to undertake a post campaign evaluation (10%)
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. However, you can flexibly study just one module at a time to achieve individual awards and build up to a qualification later. The three modules include:
- Applied Marketing
- Planning Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Techniques
For over 100 years, the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has supported, represented and developed marketers. As the world’s leading professional marketing body, the CIM has over 28,000 members worldwide, including more than 3,000 Chartered Marketers.
How it will benefit you
- Get a unique opportunity to blend practical skills and academic understanding
- Improve your global competitive advantage, increase your confidence and employability
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- Invaluable opportunity to network with other marketers
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world.
Course entry requirements
You will need one or more of the following:
- Two A Levels or equivalent,CIM Introductory Certificate
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification (Degree level from a recognised institution, with at least one-third of the credits relating to marketing
- Experience in marketing
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- CIM diagnostic assessment.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course is delivered face-to-face in small groups of up to 20, comprising lectures, group activities and discussion. You will also be supported through an individual 1-2-1 tutorial.
Planning Campaigns: Assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Future career and study opportunities
CIM Studying Membership, for which the annual fee is £65.
You’ll need to book your assessments through CIM when studying. The total assessment fee for this module is £150.
Figures based on successful completion at first attempt. Additional fees will be required if resits are taken.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time.