Course overviewProfessional Digital Marketing–Digital Customer Experience Module City of Bristol College
Customer behaviour has dramatically changed with the digital revolution.
This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing market, allowing you to fulfil customers’ strategic needs.
It will provide the knowledge and skills to select appropriate channels to market to meet objectives. It will also help to ensure you provide the desired customer experience, by understanding the customer’s journey while complying with relevant legislation and regulation.
Who is this course for?
The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at professional marketers working in an operational, supervisory or management role who wish to develop their knowledge and skills across a range of areas to succeed and progress their career in marketing.
Some typical job titles for our level 6 qualifications may include:
- marketing manager
- marketing and communications managers
- corporate communications manager
- brand manager.
What you'll learn
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Channel Selection and Customer Insights
- Assess the strategic options for channel selection (15%)
- Understand relevant insights into digital customers (15%)
Unit 2: Managing Channels
- Understand how digital channels are managed effectively in practice (15%)
- Define requirements for legal compliance in digital campaigns (15%)
Unit 3: Digital Customer Experience
- Understand the customer journey (20%)
- Develop plans to improve the user experience (20%)
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing. However, you can flexibly study just one module at a time to achieve individual awards and build up to a qualification later. The three modules include:
- Marketing and Digital Strategy
- Digital Optimisation
- The Digital Customer Experience
For over 100 years, the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has supported, represented and developed marketers. As the world’s leading professional marketing body, the CIM has over 28,000 members worldwide, including more than 3,000 Chartered Marketers.
How it will benefit you
- Get a unique opportunity to blend practical skills and academic understanding
- Improve your global competitive advantage, increase your confidence and employability
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- Invaluable opportunity to network with other marketers
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world.
Course entry requirements
You will need one or more of the following:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing qualification
- Any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing Bachelor’s
- Master’s Degree from a recognised University with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content professional practice (two years in marketing operational role).
You will be interviewed.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course is delivered face-to-face in small groups of up to 20, comprising lectures, group activities and discussion. You will also be supported through an individual 1-2-1 tutorial.
The Digital Customer Experience: Assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Future career and study opportunities
On completion of this module, you can continue to study further Level 6 modules to achieve the full Diploma qualification.
Upon attaining the full Diploma, you will be able to progress onto the Level 7 CIM Postgraduate Diploma, or a management course.
CIM Studying Membership, for which the annual fee is £65.
You’ll need to book your assessments through CIM when studying. The total assessment fee for this module is £190.
Figures based on successful completion at first attempt. Additional fees will be required if resits are taken.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time.