Course overviewProfessional Digital Marketing – Digital Optimisation Module City of Bristol College
For many organisations, adopting digital marketing has involved transforming aspects of their practice and application.
This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing.
This will enable you to integrate and optimise digital marketing as well as develop strategic responses to change. You will also be able to ensure responses are measured to evidence success.
Who is this course for?
The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at professional marketers working in an operational, supervisory or management role who wish to develop their knowledge and skills across a range of areas to succeed and progress their career in marketing.
Some typical job titles for our level 6 qualifications may include:
- marketing manager
- marketing and communications managers
- corporate communications manager
- brand manager.
What you'll learn
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Digital Insights
- Understand the strategic implications of the changing digital environment on organisations
- Interpret relevant insights from the wider digital environment
Unit 2: Digital Optimisation
- Develop responses to changing stakeholder needs and behaviours
- Develop a conversion optimisation plan
Unit 3: Digital Analytics, Monitoring and Measurement
- Assess digital metrics and analytics
- Apply key digital measures to analyse optimisation
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing. However, you can flexibly study just one module at a time to achieve individual awards and build up to a qualification later. The three modules include:
- Marketing & Digital Strategy
- Digital Optimisation
- The Digital Customer Experience
For over 100 years, the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has supported, represented and developed marketers. As the world’s leading professional marketing body, the CIM has over 28,000 members worldwide, including more than 3,000 Chartered Marketers.
How it will benefit you
- Get a unique opportunity to blend practical skills and academic understanding
- Improve your global competitive advantage, increase your confidence and employability
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- Invaluable opportunity to network with other marketers
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world.
Course entry requirements
You will need one or more of the following:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing qualification
- Any relevant Level 4 qualification; Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing Bachelor’s
- Master’s Degree from a recognised University with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content professional practice (two years in marketing operational role).
You will be interviewed.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course is delivered face-to-face in small groups of up to 20, comprising lectures, group activities and discussion. You will also be supported through an individual 1-2-1 tutorial.
Digital Optimisation: Assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Future career and study opportunities
On completion of this module, you can continue to study further Level 6 modules to achieve the full Diploma qualification. Upon attaining the full Diploma, you will be able to progress onto the Level 7 CIM Postgraduate Diploma, or a management course.
CIM Studying Membership, for which the annual fee is £65.
You’ll need to book your assessments through CIM when studying. The total assessment fee for this module is £190.
Figures based on successful completion at first attempt. Additional fees will be required if resits are taken.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time.