Course overviewTeaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship City of Bristol College
The Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship is on-the-job training, working with children in schools. You will attend college one day a week.
The Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship can last up to two years and you will be paid a wage by your employer.
Who is this course for?
If you are friendly, active and interested in helping the development of children in schools, then perhaps this Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship will be of interest to you.
If you are ready to learn but worried about the pace of the qualification, the apprenticeship route could be the ideal way of developing your skills.
What you'll learn
During the Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship:
- You will support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning.
- You will continue to work within sector while gaining further knowledge and skills.
- You will work with your workplace college trainer and employer to gain the knowledge and skills ready for your end point assessment.
- You will use the knowledge and skills from your standard to demonstrate to your end point assessor how these skills are put into practice in the workplace.
- You will work towards Functional skills in English and Maths at Level 2, if not already achieved.
Course entry requirements
There are no specific entry requirements, this will depend on each employer’s requirements.
Desirable: 5 GCSEs, including Grade 4 or above in Maths and English.
Some employers will accept a relevant Level 2 qualification and other qualifications and experience.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
- You will complete a series of modules towards the standard covering knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Your course will be delivered within your workplace where you may attend workshops with your college Trainer.
- You will also be supported within your workplace towards the standard by a City of Bristol college Trainer.
- You will also need to complete 20% off the job training which will consist of college work outside your normally job role and any other off the job training which maybe set by your employer.
- Functional skills in English & Maths at Level 2 if not already achieved.
- At the end of your apprenticeship you will complete an end point assessment which consists of: Practical observations with questions and answers, a professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence.
- The apprenticeship provides knowledge and skills for workers supporting teachers in the class room.
Future career and study opportunities
When you complete the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, it may be possible to progress into employment in the education sector as a HLTA or Higher Education.
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationery.
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive our Learner Support Funding Bursary to help with these costs.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time. Most of our courses are online for the time being.
Fees and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|WTP0772CZP-1||Variable Dates||Flexible, contact College||Any||Enquire||Enquire||Offsite||
Apprenticeship fees will be agreed between your employer and the College. You will get paid, alongside gaining a qualification. Find out more about apprenticeships.