Course overviewTeam Leader/Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship City of Bristol College
The Level 3 Team leader/ Supervisor apprenticeship standard is an 18-month to two-year apprenticeship which is completed on successful achievement of end point activities assessed by an external end point assessor.
We also offer the optional completion of the CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership to support the apprenticeship knowledge components.
Who is this course for?
This course is for individuals working within a company either already in a management/team leading role or working towards this role. You may be a:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager
Your key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems and building relationships internally and externally.
What you'll learn
- continue to work within sector while gaining further knowledge and skills of management and team leading.
- work with your workplace coach to gain the knowledge and skills ready for your end point assessment.
- use the knowledge from your class delivered Diploma and demonstrate to your mentor and end point assessor how these skills and knowledge are put into practice in the workplace.
- need to complete 20% off the job training.
- work towards Level 2 English and Maths Functional skills.
Course entry requirements
The entry requirements for the Team Leader Apprenticeship are:
- English and/or Maths GCSE with a minimum Grade 4(C).
- You must be working within a company either already in a management/team leading role or working towards this role.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
- Achievement of the knowledge components is supported through our interactive learning platform, Mindful Education.
- The optional CMI Diploma Level 3 formal qualification involves completion of 8 units assignments 301, 302, 305, 311, 312, 314, 318 and 321. Topics include managing a team to achieve results, principles of leadership and management, management of budgets and resources and contributing to the delivery of a project.
- To achieve the apprenticeship you will complete a presentation, professional discussion and showcase portfolio which will be externally assessed and graded either Pass or Distinction.
- You will be assigned a work based coach who will guide you through your apprenticeship to end point assessment in conjunction with your employer.
Future career and study opportunities
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge of different management styles to enable you to practically apply these in the workplace.
When you complete the course you could progress onto Operational Departmental Manger apprenticeship standard.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve reduced the number of people in our buildings at one time.
Fees and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|WBP0304CZP-1||Variable Dates||Flexible, contact College||Any||Enquire||Enquire||Ashley Down Centre||
Apprenticeship fees will be agreed between your employer and the College. You will get paid, alongside gaining a qualification. Find out more about apprenticeships.