Course overviewTrade Union Employment Law Certificate City of Bristol College
This is a practical training course, designed for trade union workplace reps. It approaches the law from this perspective and its principal concern is how knowledge of and confidence in using employment law can improve workplace bargaining.
It is not aimed at legal professionals or the finer points of technical interpretation of the law.
It is taught for 60 hours over a number of weeks.
On completion of the course, you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Employment Law.
Who is this course for?
This course is for experienced trade union representatives.
What you'll learn
The course will help you to:
- build confidence and knowledge in exploring, questioning and using employment law
- develop and consolidate research skills in finding out how legal provisions impact upon workplace rights
- review changes and challenges to workplace rights
- plan what needs to be done in relation to your union and workplace situation
- apply representational, organising and collective bargaining skills to making the most of the law at work
- work collectively in planning collective action
- prepare for/facilitate progression to advanced work on union issues, including advanced courses and union roles.
Course entry requirements
To enrol on this course you will need:
- Access to internet
- To be a trade union representative
How is the course delivered and assessed?
This course is currently delivered online with full tutor support.
Assessment is through course work, there are no exams.
Future career and study opportunities
This course will help you improve your skills as a Rep. You may continue to more Unison courses.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.