Technician – Construction Technologies Wet trades and Brickwork.
Salary: £22,336.00 – £22,796.00
Contract: 37 hours a week, Full time, Permanent
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Technician to work within the Construction Technologies Team. You will be responsible for providing support to the construction courses and apprenticeship areas.
What will you be doing?
The role will involve providing support to teachers in the workshop areas, to enable practical training and assessment to take place, this will include:
– Ensuring tools, equipment and materials are available at specific times across the trade area
– Ordering and managing material and stock levels in line with the college policies
– Working with the other trade area technicians to ensure workshop facilities are maintained to the expected standards to enable effective teaching and training to take place
– We are looking for someone with experience of a similar role or who has possibly worked within construction as a brick labourer or tradesperson with experience of wet trades and who is confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
– Supporting the material aspects of Apprenticeship End Point Assessments
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 18.00%
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible and hybrid working working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave, job share and fostering friendly leave
- Up to 3 days paid volunteer leave
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 27 February 2024
Interview date: TBCBack to Current Vacancies