Salary: £20,424 – £21,404
Contract: Permanent, full time (37 hours per week)
Location: Across all college sites
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Exams Administrator with experience of working within a similar position. This position is full time and will require you to work across our 4 campuses (College Green, Ashley Down, Parkway and South Bristol Skills Academy) although the role is primarily based at College Green.
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days, plus bank holidays and 10 closure days which fall over Christmas to spend time with friends and families.
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 17.3 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
About the role:
The role will involve providing support to student and staff across the college by administering all aspects of the examination and certification process, ensuring that examination board procedures are followed throughout these processes working 5 days a week with standard working hours scheduled between the hours of 8am to 5:30pm (with the requirement to work until 9pm on a rota/shift basis when evening exams are scheduled).
Some of the key elements you’ll be responsible for are:
- Ensuring students are registered for their qualification and subsequent exams are booked, scheduled and invigilated appropriately – considering and applying any appropriate Access Arrangements.
- Maintaining the data in our management information system to ensure all information is accurate and timely with regards to students, registrations, access arrangements, qualification outcomes and certification status – and use effectively for communicating with students.
- Providing on-site support across all 4 of our centres whilst exams are underway to ensure students, invigilators and staff feel supported and students are given the optimum conditions in which they can achieve. This will include carrying out invigilation as required.
- Ensuring full understanding of awarding body requirements, liaising with them as required, in order to advise staff, students and support the training of invigilators.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
We are looking for someone with experience of administration, co-ordinating and planning activities, and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The search of the online presence will be conducted for the successful candidates. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Closing date: 01.10.2023
Interview date: TBCBack to Current Vacancies