Salary: £24,140 + £2,000 sign on bonus*
Contract: Permanent, Full time (38.75 hours)
The City of Bristol College are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic Facilities Officer to join our busy Facilities Team on a full-time permanent basis.
What we offer:
- * Golden Hello – £1,000 on commencement with the college and £1,000 on successful completion of probation.
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days, totalling 44 days).
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 18.00 %
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible and hybrid working working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave, job share and fostering friendly leave
- Up to 3 days paid volunteer leave
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
About the role:
Customer service is key and the successful candidates will have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service to the public and be able to keep calm and take charge in the event of an emergency.
We are looking for self-motivated, adaptable individuals who are able to follow procedures and instructions when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for unlocking and locking the appropriate College centre buildings and monitoring and maintaining security of College assets to ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
Other duties include:
- Furniture removals
- Basic maintenance
- litter removal
- Delivery of post and parcels
- Security patrols
- First aid
- Responding to alarms
The hours of work are full time (38 hours 45 minutes per week) and are based upon a rotating shift cycle between Monday and Friday, between the hours of 6am and 10pm. (6.30pm on a Friday). No night or weekend shifts are required.
Due to the nature of the role a driving licence and access to a motorised vehicle are essential.
Prior knowledge of first aid and health and safety would be advantageous. However, this is not essential as full training will be given. In addition to this the College will support the successful candidates in obtaining a Level 3 First Aid at Work qualification. This role will also attract a first aid allowance.
The desirable candidates will possess either basic IT skills, or a willingness to learn, along with a general standard of education at level 2 or above including English. Please note this is not essential.
About the College:
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Closing date: 27 February 2024