Salary: £9.90 per hour
Contract: Permanent, Nil hours
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint resilient, enthusiastic and proactive individuals to join our bank of Invigilators to conduct successful and compliant examinations across our four centres spread across the City. This role is available on a permanent flexible basis throughout the year. It is a casual zero hours basis with hours offered throughout the year dependant on the volume of exams. We welcome applications from those who are seeking occasional work with periods of the year having a greater demand than others.
Exams range from those delivered onscreen to traditional paper-based, from entry level to degree level and are delivered to students in group sizes ranging from individuals through to large groups of up to 500 at once in a single venue.
City of Bristol College engages with learners of all ages and backgrounds, including 16 to 18-year-olds, adult learners, apprentices, higher education students and international students.
Whilst familiarity with / understanding of formal examination processes and knowledge of invigilation procedures is desirable – it is not essential as full training will be provided.
Examinations timetables run anytime from 9am to 9pm and we welcome applications from people who can work daytimes and, occasionally, evenings – and are able to work across all centres or specific centres – with a good level of IT literacy. Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days, plus bank holidays and 10 closure days which fall over Christmas to spend time with friends and families.
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 17.3 %
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see the Job Description/Person Specification for more information.
Closing date: Tuesday 25th April 2023 (midnight)
Interview Date: TBC