Lecturer – Electrical
Salary: £29,518 – £36,897
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours (1 FTE) to start Immediately
Location: Advanced Engineering Centre (Parkway)
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and dedicated Electrical Installation Lecturer to work within the Construction team to inspire the next generation of trades people.
Your role will include the planning and delivery of high quality, imaginative and inspirational teaching which meets the curriculum requirements and responds to the needs of students on a range on programmes. You will ensure that each learner’s needs are met in a responsive way to promote an outstanding student experience.
This role is perfect for someone with experience of electrical installation and qualified to NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent). A teaching qualification and experience in teaching/training would be an advantage, though an attitude toward developing your teaching skills would be highly appreciated. The right person needs to be confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
This role is teaching evening classes, Apprentices and 16-19 year old students throughout the week, with non-contact hours extra to complete marking and prep work.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 11/06/2023 Midnight
Interview Date: TBC