Lecturer – Heavy Vehicle
Salary: Lecturer Scale, £29,518 – £36,897
Contract: Permanent –
1 x Full Time position (24 Teaching Hours)
1 x Part-time Position (12 Teaching Hours)
Please Specify in the personal statement of the application what role you are applying for.
Location: Parkway Centre
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days, plus bank holidays and 10 closure days which fall over Christmas to spend time with friends and families.
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 17.3 %
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
About the Role:
- This role will appeal to qualified Heavy Vehicle Lecturers, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanics or Technicians who love what they do and would enjoy inspiring our students and apprentices to succeed.
- You may have enjoyed teaching apprentices in your workshop or feel you have a talent for getting the best out of people. If so, this is an opportunity to develop those skills within our dedicated College-based workshop facilities working with heavy vehicle students up to level 3 focusing on knowledge and practical skills.
- The Lecturer will work with their Head of Department and lecturing team to ensure that City of Bristol College continues to be recognised for excellence in all that it does. The successful candidate will make a major contribution to the delivery of teaching and assessing of learners and their progression and achievement of level/level 3 technical certificates and preparing students for their End Point Assessment.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The search of the online presence will be conducted for the successful candidates. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 07/07/2023
Interview date: 14/07/2023