MIS Apprenticeship Officer – MAT Cover
Salary: Grade 6 £23,191 – £26,111
Contract: Temporary Maternity Cover, 37 hrs per week
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, a rapidly improving college, judged “Good” by Ofsted in January 2023. With recent investments in our already outstanding teaching facilities, the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive MIS Officer – Apprenticeships to join our team on a temporary basis covering maternity.
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days, plus bank holidays and 10 closure days which fall over Christmas to spend time with friends and families.
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 17.3 %
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
About the role:
You will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Business Development Team to develop robust processes for apprenticeship sign-ups ensuring funds are reserved on the Digital Apprenticeship Service in readiness for apprentices starting and employers are aware of any financial liability should their apprentice start prior to this.
- Liaise with the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) and employers to ensure funding is appropriately reserved and received by the college in a timely manner compliant with funding rules and the College’s requirements.
- Liaise with internal delivery teams to ensure that Apprenticeship documentation is fully compliant with funding rules and is recorded in an accurate and timely manner in the College’s student record system.
- Work within and support the development of processes, procedures and documentation to ensure audit compliance including storage.
- Provide employers with a high level of customer service to ensure their experience with the College and the DAS is outstanding providing additional support as and when needed.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The search of the online presence will be conducted for the successful candidates. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd December 2023 (midnight)
Interview date: TBC
Back to Current Vacancies