Technician – Carpentry
Salary: Grade 5 £20,947 – £21,404
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy, ACSC and other College Sites as required.
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive ….
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days, plus bank holidays and 10 closure days which fall over Christmas to spend time with friends and families.
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 17.3 %
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
About the role:
You will be working in our Carpentry provision which includes programmes of study in Furniture, Bench Joinery, Site Carpentry and Apprenticeships for 16-18 year olds and adults. You will be responsible for ensuring materials, tools and equipment are in a safe condition and set up ready for use and that good levels of housekeeping are maintained at all times. You will also work closely with Lecturers’ to support their delivery and be available to assist students as required.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The search of the online presence will be conducted for the successful candidates. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 23.06.2023 Midnight
Interview date: TBC