Three key objectives of growth, quality and inclusion are the main focus for 2020-2023
The Strategic Plan 2020-2023 presents the key goals the College is seeking to achieve by the end of 2023. The Plan is set against the context of COVID-19 and its profound impact on the local economy and the education sector. It provides direction for the College which will ensure it remains competitive and inclusive.
Andy Forbes, Principal and Chief Executive said: “Our new Strategic Plan outlines how we will achieve future success and emerge as a more resilient, sustainable and future-focused organisation that will thrive in a post-COVID-19 world.
“It is designed to grow the college’s income, secure our financial health and invest in improving the quality of all we deliver for the benefit of our students and employers.”
The Strategic Plan consists of 9 strategic aims:
- Aim 1: Steady growth in the numbers of 16-18 year olds we enrol
- Aim 2: To rapidly expand our employer-facing work, including apprenticeships
- Aim 3: To develop our Higher Education and adult courses in selected vocational areas
- Aim 4: To raise academic standards and improve student outcomes
- Aim 5: To invest in our staff, facilities and buildings
- Aim 6: To enhance our digital capability and environmental sustainability
- Aim 7: To remain as accessible and inclusive as possible
- Aim 8: To enhance social mobility through improving access to our courses
- Aim 9: To enhance our equality and diversity profile
“We are Bristol’s college. We are determined to be a college that is academically and financially strong and will continue to serve all sections of Bristol’s diverse communities.” concluded Mr Forbes.
Download our Strategic Plan 2020 – 23 (pdf).
To find out more, visit our mission, ethos and values page.