First published: 17 March
Last updated: 23 March
We understand that this is a difficult time for many members of our community and we’re here to support you.
There is a range of academic and wellbeing support available which you may find useful during this unprecedented time.
Latest information for students
We would like to thank you, as a member of our College community, for your support and understanding.
You can find the latest information, news and links at cityofbristol.ac.uk/coronavirus-information
Virtual learning support
The College is currently closed, however, learning continues online. We’re here to help you continue your studies and keep learning.
You can find more useful learning tools on our links for students page.
How to join your class on Microsoft Teams
Online Study Centre support
- Access online journals, magazines and full text articles that are accessible via the Study Centre catalogue
- Access ebooks. Most ebooks on the Study Centre catalogue will have unlimited access.
JISC online resources will be available via the Study Centre Moodle page.
If you require research support or your password resetting, please email: email@example.com
The College recognises the importance of financial support offered to our students and we are working to ensure this is continued during the College closure.
We also have information available about fees and refunds for adult courses affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
Free school meals
For those students usually receiving free college meals, payments will be made directly into their bank accounts. Payments usually made via cheque will be transferred to BACS payments.
Students who receive financial support to travel, M tickets will be arranged to support those students’ return once the College re-opens.
Mental health support
During this time, it’s important to look after your mental wellbeing as well as your physical health.
There are services available to you, if you need to talk. These include online and/or telephone services who will listen and help if needed.
College Multi-faith Chaplaincy
At this time many of us will need spiritual and mental health support. Our Multi-faith Chaplaincy is available for you.
The Multi-faith Chaplaincy is an open-minded and impartial service which is for people of all faiths and none.
- Call or WhatsApp 07440460578
- Email Javinder.Singh@cityofbristol.ac.uk
- Open during College hours
- Online counselling service (available for under 18s only)
- Monday – Friday 12pm – 10pm
- Saturday – Sunday 6pm – 10pm
- Call 116 123 or visit the website
- Helpline or email service – not just for crisis
- Available 24/7
- Call 0808 808 0330
- Available Wednesday to Sunday from 8pm to midnight
- Text Shout to 85258
- 24/7 free text service
- Support for bereaved children and young people
- Helpline for parents/families
- Email and online chat support services
- Online resources