Office for Students
The Office for Students (OfS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Education, acting as the regulator and competition authority for the higher education sector in England. As a condition of registration with the Office for Students, the University Centre is required to publish the below information concerning the gender, ethnicity and socio-economic background of applicants and students.
Higher education (HE) transparency data
The information published on these pages shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
You can read more about our commitments to improve our provision and support across the student life-cycle by reading our access and participation statement (pdf).
Incoming and outgoing student transfer
We welcome enquiries from students who wish to transfer into the College and will also work to try to achieve a positive outcome.
Find out more about Student Transfer Arrangements (pdf).