About our engineering courses
City of Bristol College offers a range of engineering courses and apprenticeships for adults.
Our engineering courses include options for:
- people who want to retrain in engineering.
- engineering professionals looking to learn new skills.
You will learn in our industry-standard Advanced Engineering Centre (AEC).
Why study engineering?
Engineering and manufacturing is one of the UK’s broadest industry sectors. We offer specialist training in many areas of engineering, including:
- electrical and electronic
- mechanical and civil engineering.
These vital industries design, produce and operate the things we rely on every day, such as cars, phones, food and medicine.
Engineering careers and progression
Engineering industries provide a vast array of employment opportunities. The South West has a particularly strong engineering and manufacturing tradition. It is home to the biggest cluster of engineering companies in the UK and some of the best known advanced engineering and aerospace companies.
You will gain real work skills and practical experience at college.
We have partnerships with employers including the Ministry of Defence, Airbus, Amcor, Astra Zeneca and Claverham Aerospace, First Great Western, GE Oil and Gas, GKN Aerospace, Oldland Aerospace, Rolls Royce, SeroSerco, and Smurlitt Smurfit Kappa.
Our engineering facilities
Facilities at our state-of-the-art Advanced Engineering Centre (AEC) at Parkway include:
- Computer aided simulation rigs
- Engineering workshop
- Electronics equipment
- Hydraulic laboratory
- Pneumatics test equipment
- Testing and diagnostic equipment, including: vehicle brake testing stations, on site commercial jet aircraft, 3D printing facilities, advanced CAD modelling software and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machinery