How to apply
We don’t have a deadline for applications. However, we encourage you to apply in plenty of time as our courses can fill up fast. You’ll be able to change your choices later if you want to.
- Browse courses by subject area or search to find a course.
- Take some time to read through the course information. This should help you decide which course is for you. If you need more information to help you decide, click ‘enquire’ and we will send you more information.
- Depending on the course you’re looking at, you’ll have different options. You can click on either the blue ‘apply’ or ‘enquire’ button at the base of the course details page.
If you’re not applying for your course online, you can download and complete an application form.
- Download application form for School Leavers (pdf)
- Download general application form for all other applications (pdf)
Return your form to the reception desk at one of our centres, or send it to us by post:
City of Bristol College
PO Box 3373
Bristol BS4 9GX
I’ve applied, what happens next?
Attend your application interview
If you’ve applied for a full-time course, you should receive an acknowledgement within two weeks. You’ll be invited to come along to an interview or assessment.
We will talk about your application, your study choices and your future plans, to make sure the course you have chosen is right for you. If your study choice is changed at this stage, your application will be referred to another department and you will be invited in for another interview.
Receive your offer
You will be given a conditional or unconditional offer to study at City of Bristol College. Conditional means you will need to meet specific requirements before you can enrol to study with us, for example you will need to achieve specific exam results.
Unconditional means you have already met the course requirements and provided proof at your application interview, for example, of results and references.
We will ask you to accept or decline your offer.
Enrol on your course
You will be invited to attend an enrolment day to officially join college and to collect information you will need as a student, including your student ID card and lanyard.
If you have a conditional offer, you will need to bring your exam results and anything else we have asked for. If you do not meet the entry requirements for your course, we will advise you of alternative options and, if possible, enrol you onto another course.
Enrolment for school leavers happens in August. For many other courses you can enrol all year round.
Get in touch
Got a question? We’d love to help.
Here are some examples of enquiries we can help you with:
- You want to know when you can enrol
- You forgot to attend your interview
- It’s been two weeks and you haven’t received acknowledgement about your application.
You can call us on 0117 312 5000 or get in touch using our online form.