How to apply
On this page:
Application information for school leavers (16-18 year olds)
- Search to find a course. Read through the course information, to check the course is right for you.
- If the course you’re interested in is open for enquiries or applications, you will see a blue apply button or enquire button at the base of the course page.
- If you want to apply for an A Level pathway, apply for one pathway on the A Levels page.
- After applying, you will be invited to a course information meeting. This will give you the opportunity to speak to our teachers about the course/pathway and help you decide if it is the best choice and level for you.
- At the end of the meeting you should receive a verbal confirmation regarding your offer, which will shortly be followed by an email confirming this and asking you to accept your place.
- An offer will be based on your suitability to the course, which includes the College agreeing that we can meet your needs. For further information please see the ‘Terms and Conditions for guaranteed places’ below.
Why we’re guaranteeing your place
Bristol’s young people have adapted to a lot of change recently.
Coming to City of Bristol College should be an exciting new chapter of your life. You shouldn’t have to overcome any unnecessary challenges. So, to help reduce any anxiety, we’re offering all 16-18 year olds guaranteed places.
Whatever happens, we are here to help you.
What if I don’t get the grades?
The guaranteed place is given subject to you meeting all course entry criteria. Under the guarantee, we will provide you with a place on the course which is the most suitable for you. Should your grades be different than you expected, your guaranteed place may be on a course that is a level up or down.
A guaranteed place does not mean that you do not have study hard. Your final grades are important in getting you on the course of your choice and the better your result, the higher level of study.
Explore our guide to qualifications, for an overview of the entry requirements for each level of study.
Terms and conditions for guaranteed places
Places will be offered for a specific course of study at City of Bristol College, subject to the applicant meeting all course entry criteria. Should the applicant not meet the entry criteria, under the guarantee, the College will identify an alternative course of study, to ensure that the applicant is studying at the level that is right for them (this could be a level higher or lower than they had originally planned).
The College reserves the right to change terms and conditions of guaranteed places based on a range of factors, but will honour guaranteed places offered to applicants before any such change takes place. Applications from pupils with high needs or an EHCP, will be reviewed by the College’s Additional Learning Support Team to ensure that the College can meet the applicant’s support needs.
To secure your place, applicants need to have attended their course meeting and accepted their place.
Applicants with a guaranteed place must enrol by the end of August or advise that they will enrol late, or their place might not be available.
Want to know more? We are hosting a range of events where you can talk to teachers and find out more about our courses.
Application information for adults (aged 19+)
If you’re interested in a college course for adults (anything up to level 3), you can apply using the following steps:
- Go to the course’s webpage.
- Courses currently open for enquiries, applications or online enrolments, will have a blue button(s) at the base of the course page.
After you’ve applied, we’ll be in touch with details about your next steps. We may need to contact you to check your suitability for the course you’ve applied for. This could include:
- an online or telephone assessment
- a short English and/or maths assessment
- requesting evidence of your previous qualifications.
We will guide you through every step of the way.
If you’re interested in a university-level course, follow the guidance below.
How to apply for a university-level course
- If you want to study a full-time course, you’ll need to apply through UCAS.
- If you want to study part-time, you can enquire through the course webpage to start your application.
Find out more on our dedicated webpage: How to apply for higher education and university-level courses.
- Download application form for School Leavers (pdf)
- Download general application form for all other applications (pdf)
Get in touch
There are many ways you can get in touch.
- Apply or enquire for a course.
- Come to a City of Bristol College centre.
- Use our online contact form for general enquiries.
- Email Admissions.firstname.lastname@example.org for application information.
- Live chat with our advisors through our website.
- Call 0117 3125000.
We look forward to hearing from you. Find out more on our contact us page.